Well with the sch
ool year ending and summer beginning a number of the ladies here are heading on block leave to the states. As well as my upcoming departure from Deutchland the ladies threw me a nice little Baby Shower. We had a potluck dinner at the Yellow Ribbon Room, where my good friend Brittney works. The ladies who joined in the festivities are in the picture to the right: Back row L-R Mallory, Satui, Charletta and Maria, and in the front with my Brittney. I met these ladies through the lovely sport of Volleyball, in which i could not play this past season so I took up coaching instead. The night started out at 1900 where we broke into the yummy food everyone brought from Maria's famous Turkey dip, to brittney's fabulous sandwiches. While eating we were entertained by Mallory beautiful daughter Morgan (who will be a big sister come December). Afte
r we had filled up our belly's it was on to some fun games Brittney organized for the event. The first game actually began at the beginning of the shower, in which everyone was given a clothes pin. If you at some point said the word "baby" your clothes pin was taken by whoever caught you. At the end of the evening I had mine, and Maria had everyone else's. The next game that we did was how big is my belly. The girls passed around ribbon in which they unwrapped to the length they believed would measure the circumference. The closest without going under won a prize. Everyone except for Maria were a lil long. Next we moved onto 5 minutes to write down as many baby items as you could think of. Mallory su
cceeded in this list by coming up with 36 items. After this Brittney went in the back closet told us we had 1 minute to look at the items she brought out, then she hid it from view and we had to write down what we could remember. Everyone came up with 12 items, and Charletta came up with 17 winning herself a lovely prize. Following this game I opened wonderful gifts from all the ladies for my lil lady. I had a wonderful night with my good friends I have made over here in Germany and was very happy to get to see them all before heading out. As I will be returning to the states by the end of this week. I wish them all good luck in their future endeavors and especially to Mallory and Maria, Mallory expecting her second angel in Dec. and Maria expecting her first in Jan. I'm going to miss playing volleyball with some very talented ladies, and look forward to my new adventure in Kansas. 
No comments:
Post a Comment